Questo sito utilizza i cookies per le proprie funzionalità. Chiudendo questo banner acconsenti all’uso dei cookies.Ho Capito! Autorizza e Continua! Se vuoi saperne di più clicca qui.

Magnifica Comunità
di Fiemme

Il Palazzo, Museo Pinacoteca

Magnifica Comunità
di Fiemme

Il Palazzo, Museo Pinacoteca

History

Ancient statutes

Magnifica Comunità di Fiemme and its villages adopted their own statutes with a certain delay if compared with other similar situations. Probably it was not deemed necessary as traditions were strongly felt and society was sufficiently homogeneous.

In 1533/1534 a booklet – quadernollo – summarized all privileges that were granted in the course of time. Other rules were added such as procedures for the election of the scario and the revenues that were due to him, the custody of the prisons, the duties of the jurors… In due course, the increase of the population, the immigration of foreigners, the prince bishop’s pressure to undermine the privileges stressed the limits of these laws.

At the beginning of the 17th century, community authorities approved a written edition of these rules called consuetudini. The result was a code in three parts: the Book of Commons which consisted of 124 clauses, the Book of Civil Law (134 sections) and the Book of Felonies (31 sections). The original of this code was not preserved but the archives of Magnifica Comunità have a 1682 copy from which all the copies still in circulation hail.

Usually the available manuscripts have other two sections: the Book of Fontego and the Order of the Woods. For over two centuries these codes were the legal handbook for the activity of the scario, the other representatives and the jurors.

In 1783 an agreement was signed with the Austrian empress Mary Teresa and prince bishop Pietro Vigilio Thun had a new statute drafted for Fiemme valley. Before approving it, the Tyrolean government asked the community to examine it and lodge any observation. The famous jurist Carlo Antonio Pilati compiled the objections against the statute and the original document was sent to the government in 1784. Fiemme valley rejected any proposed statutory change. In 1795, when the French army was approaching this land, the bishop withdrew his proposals. The code was effective until the political and economical role of the institution was officially suppressed by the Bavarian government and the ancient villages were turned into municipalities.

EVENTI
AMBASCIATORI DEL PALAZZO
ISCRIVITI ALLA NEWS LETTER
RASSEGNA STAMPA